ElmWood Flooring is a Chicago flooring company in Illinois that offers wide range of flooring construction services, from flooring installation, refinishing floors, sanding wood floors, duct cleaning, staining wood floors, sanding and staining front doors on homes, refinishing wood garage doors, all types of tile work, carpet cleaning, carpeting installation, concrete work, HVAC, plumbing, all backed by great warranties and the best possible service in our industry. ElmWood Flooring since 1976 has pride its self with quality craftsmanship, great service, products and warranties. After re-viewing this site, you will see that ElmWood is the right choice for getting any type of project done the right way, the first time, by professional workers that want you to be satisfied with how your flooring project turns out, ElmWood gives every customer the satisfaction of knowing that ElmWood stands behind all work done with the best warranties in the business.
Flooring company in Illinois
ElmWood is the Chicagoland flooring contractor that you have been looking for! We provide quality flooring services though out the Mid-west, Chicago and the Chicagoland area. We are a premier Chicago Flooring Contractor that is family owned and operated, ElmWood provides quality service to both residential and commercial clients at reasonable rates.
Chicago Flooring Contractor
We are licensed, bonded and fully insured to provide the highest quality flooring services to all of our customers! Our experienced flooring professionals will make sure that your hardwood floors get the treatment that they deserve without emptying your wallet. We know and care about wood floors and all types of construction!
Flooring Services in Chicago
The flooring services provided by the Chicago Flooring Contractor are always top notch. We have been in business for many years and learned all that is there to know about hardwoods, Pergo, inlays, bamboo floors and many others! Call or email us today for a free quote on any project that you’re wanting done.
A little bit more about us:
Since 1976, our company has been and always will be family owned and operated. We use nothing but the best products in our industry and we have highly trained and experienced employees, making us one of the greatest flooring/construction company in the Chicagoland and Mid-West region. When it comes to any and all work that we do, we have access and use all types of the highest quality industrial flooring products that they make in the 21st century, if we don’t have it in stock, we will find it for you, we deal with different mills from all over the United States, China and other parts of the world.
Call Today. 773-209-7499
Flooring Work we do:
We handle all types of commercial and residential Hardwood flooring including but not limited to; sanding, refinishing, and installation. We install and refinish wood floors, patio decks, fix bad floor boards, install all types of tile-stone/glass, Pergo, staining wood, wood garage doors, front doors to your home, stairs, and railings, carpeting and cleaning. We also offer custom design work and installation. No job is too BIG or small for our company. We handle over hundreds of types of different woods and products! If we don’t have it in stock we will do our best to find it for you, seeing we have lots of different mills and manufactures we do business with.
The difference between having ElmWood Flooring or another flooring company handle any work you are looking to have done is that we offer you the best warranties around, a 5 to 10 Year Warranty as specified in our contract. 5 to 10 YEARS no matter how much normal daily abuse your floors undergo. This is on new installations and finishes for new work only with three coats of finish or more, depending on if its (Eco-friendly-water) with no VOC’s levels, alcohol, or oil base poly. Also, ElmWood Flooring offers our customers, who want to SAVE extra money, other services; like cleaning and coating wood floors for less than it would cost you to sand and refinish them or install a new floor, just ask us how! We can save you time and money. by buffing and recoating your hardwood floors. ElmWood Flooring stands behind all of the work we do that is covered by our warranties.
Good FYIs to know:
In order to keep your floors looking their best now and into the future, hardwood floors should be sanded and refinished every ten to twenty years or so, depending on how much abuse they undergo. You can save a lot of money by having them buffed and re-coated without sanding them before they get to that point of no return and give them a fresh new look for half the cost of sanding and refinishing. Call us today to have us look at your floors and tell you our professional opinion on what is needed to be done.
Another great reason for having ElmWood Flooring work for you is that our company offers all of our customers that send us any referrals our way, that end up becoming jobs, you would receive a $25.00 referral fee, this is just one way for us saying thank you for letting us be the only Chicagoland wood flooring company you, your family and friends will ever need today and into the future. Our promise to you is that we will always give top quality flooring at great prices, from a company that takes great pride in the work we do. Feel free to call us any time during our business hours to set up an appointment time for an estimate that works around your schedule.
(Our Office Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30AM to 5:30PM, Sat 9:00AM to 2:00PM) Sorry but we are closed on Sundays and all major holidays. But we do give FREE phone quotes 7 days a week when the time is best for you. Just call today and leave your name, number, and a short message and one of our flooring service people will call you back during our business hours or ASAP.
Also… here at ElmWood we have a meet or beat price Guarantee. This is how It works, if you receive another estimate in writing from another company out there that maybe cheaper! We may be able to meet that price or beat the price you got by up to 5% off. That’s our Price Guarantee! Our prices will be around all of the other estimates you may get from other companies out there, lower, higher or maybe in the middle, but if for any reason our price is more, just show us the estimate you got in writing from the other company and we will meet that price or beat it up to 5% off. All depending on what the other company has to offer you at the price they put in writing. (Ask us for details) This is our Price Match Guarantee!
Thank you for visiting ElmWood Flooring. We hope this information helped you in your decision to have ElmWood handle any project that your wanting or needing done, from all types of construction, sanding and refinishing, duct cleaning, wood floor installation, All types of tile, carpet installation or carpet cleaning needs. We look forward to servicing your home or business project when you’re ready. Call or email us today to find out how we can help you with your flooring project and feel free to ask when calling if we have any special deals or discounts going on for this month.
What will ElmWood Flooring do for me?
We understand that a lot of our customers have never had any work done on their floors and don’t know what installing a new floor or refurbishing old wood flooring entails. We want you to be fully informed before making a decision, so below, please find a general write-up of what are the steps and processes involved in getting work done on your hardwood floors.
What is the process of refurbishing old hardwood floors?
1) Removal of furniture – first step is of course removal of any furniture and carpeting from the room that needs flooring work done.
2) Vacuuming – before we start the actual work, we will first vacuum your floor to make sure it is clean and there are no debris that could get in the way during the process of refinishing your floor.
3) Sanding – here is where the real work starts. We will use a belt sander for most of your hardwood floor’s surface and an orbit sander for edges, as well as regular sandpaper (non power tool) for corners to ensure that the sanding process is done thoroughly. Depending on the type of your floor and extent of wear and tear or any other possible damage done to it, we will select the right grit, starting from a lower grit – that is a deeper cut – and increase it in next stage of sanding. The available cut of the sandpaper is 20′ grit (deepest cut), then 40′, 60′, 80′, and finally 100 unless needing or wanting the floors stained a color. A grit of 120′ buff would be consider buffing and (the final finish), which is the next step, before sealing the floors with oil (poly) or Water base or Acid, Alcohol.
4) Buffing – after sanding down your floor, we will smooth it out using a buffer
5) Sweeping and vacuuming – after your floor has been sanded, we will sweep and vacuum it to make sure it is free of any debris and dust.
6) Tack ragging – some flooring professionals consider this stage optional but we do not skip it, since it ensures that the floor is free of even the finest dust and debris (as well as moisture or any possible contaminating agents) and we can safely move on to staining.
7) Staining – if client chooses to – we will apply sealcoating before applying polyurethane (often referred to as poly for short). If water based is used, we will apply 4 coats or 2 to 3 if alcohol or oil based coat is used. After each coat, we will buff the entire floor before applying the next coat. Depending on selection of the coat, a different look will be achieved. Our flooring professional will advise you of the difference beforehand and explain our 10 year warranty that applies regardless of which option is chosen.
8) Drying – Your floor will need to dry for 8 hours after oil-base (poly) coat or 2-3 hours after water-based is put down, which means we can apply 2 coats in one day depending on humidity levels – higher humidity means longer drying time. Once the floor are dry, you can walk on it and put lighter objects, such as area rugs back in its place. For any heavier objects, such as furniture, we ask that you allow additional 48 hours before putting them on your newly refurbished wood floor, it may be dry enough to walk on but the heavy items will leave a mark in the finish if put back too soon.
How long does it take to refurbish a hardwood floor?
The total time depends on the damage to the floor and area that needs to be refinished but with the steps outlined above refurbishing of a floor in a good sized room would take 3 days at leas, maximum 4-6 days plus the extra 24-48 hours of drying time, so typically when we start on Monday, we would be done by Friday and you would have the weekend for the additional drying time.
What is the process of installing new hardwood floors (including pergo and laminate)?
1) Once again, we start by removing furniture and clearing out the room – if necessary.
2) Floor prep – preparing your floor for installation, that is removal of carpeting or tile or any old flooring, as well as leveling and checking grade of the floor leveled.
3) Putting down subfloor – either sheetrock (for tiles), plywood (for wood floors), or none of the above for a floating floor.
4) Actual installation – laying down of the floor: starting at one end of the room working to the other, we would either cut-and-fit, straight-lining (finding angle of the room and finding the right angle), putting down floor by gluing, nailing, floating floor, click-together or using interlockable sheets (male-female). If pre-finished floor or engineered flooring has been used – that’s it, your new flooring installation has been completed!
If unfinished floor has been used, we need to do some more work:
5) Staining – as it was the case with refurbishing old floor after sanding, buffing, and cleaning, if the client chooses to – we will apply a seal coat prior to applying the poly (polyurethane) – 4 coats for water-based or 2-3 for oil or alcohol. Once again, buffing after each coat.
6) Once finished, we clean the floor with mineral spirits, so they look like they were never touched. if deemed necessary, tack ragging may be used as well.
Finally, the last step is to educate the customer on maintenance of the floor (ex: don’t use Murphy’s Oil for cleaning of hardwood floors) and answer any questions about the job and what to expect from the floor and how to care about it.